Dominated by a fine Chippendale mahogany bed, c. 1750, the crestings of the tester are repeated over the window. The dressing table dates from about 1755. The English pile carpet bears the traces of generations of many well-loved pets.
Like many homes, pictures of children and adorn the bedroom, yet these pictures are commissioned portraits by artists known for their portraiture of children.
left to right, starting at the entrance
- Margaret Helen ("Peggie") Phipps, Mathilde de Cordoba (American, 1871-1942)
- Michael G. Phipps, Mathilde de Cordoba (American, 1871-1942)
- Hubert Victor Beaumont Phipps, Lydia Field Emmet (American, 1866-1952)
- J.H.H. ("Ben") Phipps, J.S. Eland (English, 1872-1933)
- Portrait of Margaret Helen, ("Peggie") Phipps, Lydia Field Emmet (American, 1866-1952)
- Portrait of Two Boys, John Downman (English, 1750-1824)
- "Spike", Michael G. Phipps (American, 1910-1973)